of high-net-worth investors stated that it is important or very important that their advisor meets a rigorous set of standards to be certified.*
of high-net-worth clients stated that what matters to them most in an advisor is high ethical standards and that their advisor is trustworthy.*
The Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification is a distinguished international accreditation for financial advisors and investment consultants, recognized for its adherence to international quality standards. Acquiring this certification involves meeting five key requirements:
- Experience: Advisors must have at least three years of relevant financial services experience and a clean regulatory record.
- Ethics: Adherence to the Institute Code of Professional Responsibility is mandatory.
- Education: Completion of executive education at a top 25 global business school is required.
- Exam: Candidates must pass a stringent five-hour examination.
- Continuing Competency: CIMA professionals are obligated to complete 40 hours of continuing education every two years, including two hours of ethics education.
This rigorous process, validated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), ensures that CIMA professionals possess advanced investment management competencies and skills, essential for providing high-quality investment management advice.
*Investments & Wealth Client Research, Absolute Engagement, 2017